These two simple words, when combined together can instill excitement or terror in the hearts of parents everywhere. We want to have fun, discover, relax, reconnect, regroup… Whatever our plans for our Family Vacation, they don’t usually include a trip to the emergency room. But, as every parent knows, kids will be kids – even on vacation!
So while you’re choosing your next destination, planning your budget & arranging the itinerary, don’t forget safety preparations. Where to start? Check out the short list below, then go forth on that Family Vacation, explore, enjoy – and be safe!
- AH&LA’s Safety Tips for Traveling with your Children
- From CNN.com: Taking the Kids – and Keeping them Safe
- 8 questions to ask before you leave home from HealthAtoZ.com
- Swimming & Boating Safety Tips from the National Water Safety Program
- Plus this American Red Cross YouTube video: [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otPDWPZUQwA]
There are many more resources out there on travel safety – post your suggestions in the comments section below!