- Stunning sunrises over Lake Michigan? Check.
- Amazing fishing for salmon, trout and more? Check.
- Fun outdoor activities for the whole family? Check.
- Lighthouses, unique shopping and historical towns? Check, check & check.
About 30 minutes due east of Green Bay you’ll find the quaint harbor towns of Kewaunee and Algoma along the shores of Lake Michigan.
From hiking to biking to horseback riding, you’ll find miles of scenic trails over at the Ahnapee Trail. For the more adventurous, check out Winter Park trail for a mountain bike trail with a “fantastic single track that balances climbs and descents almost perfectly.” There are also four county golf courses for those who travel with their clubs.
And of course, lest you forget these towns sit directly on the shores of Lake Michigan, there are plenty of charter fishing opportunities from the “most productive salmon fishing harbors in the country.” For those who enjoy water sports of a self-propelled variety, be sure to try canoeing on the Kewaunee River or sea-kayaking along the Lake Michigan shore.
- Wisconsin’s oldest winery: von Stiehl Winery in Algoma
- The Flying Pig Gallery & Greenspace offering “an amusing, inspiring and educational peek at art and gardens”
- The Light House for sale in Kewaunee
- Browsing the fine art at the Voda Gallery
Finally, end your day with “a fine meal, fine wine and fine jazz at the Kewaunee Inn” or watch the “sunset over town from out on the pier at the lighthouse”.