Every year we start to get really excited as we countdown to the Wisconsin State Fair and this year is no exception!
Check out our list of the Top 5 Things to Do/ See/ Eat at Wisconsin’s State Fair this year:
- Cream Puffs - Always makes our list for two reasons – Nothing compares to a REAL WI State Fair Cream Puff (in fact we even devoted an entire blog post to it last year) PLUS they are made by the WI Bakers Association to promote Wisconsin’s dairy products
- Giant Slide – That big green & yellow slide (& their burlap sacks) beckons us every year from smack dab in the middle of the Fair
- FREE samples – Be sure to pick up your Information Booklets when you enter the Fair to find out where you can get FREE samples of Coke Zero (full run of Fair), Mello Yello (9th-15th) or Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (12th-15th) + free cups of water from the Salvation Army (east side of Expo Center)
- The Animals – No trip to the Fair is complete without checking out the cute babies in the Birthing Barn and catching a Pig Race (or two!) New “animals” at the Fair for 2010- check out the Days of the Dinosaur exhibit in the Big Backyard ($1 admission)
- Deep Fried Food-on-a-Stick – It’s become almost a cult-like phenomenon! With dozens of foods-on-a-stick (most, but not all, deep fried) we asked our resident expert, a girl who saves up her dollars and calories for the Fair, for some of her recommendations:
- Deep Fried Oreos, Snickers, Pickles & Veggies are all located along the strip of food vendors parallel to the racetrack along the eastern border of the Fair grounds
- Check for a ‘buy one-get one’ coupon in the info booklets for the Milk Barn, located at the northeast end of the park (just south of the Midway area). The line is always long, but it moves pretty fast.
- Then, grab some Cookie Dough-On-A-Stick — best enjoyed shared (and with a cup or two from the Milk Barn!)
Bonus #6 - Don’t forget the Wisconsin Products Pavilion:
Home to the Maple Syrup producers (Maple Cotton Candy- yum!), plus Grilled Cheese sandwiches, Palermo’s pizza, the FFA ice cream sundae folks and US! Be sure to stop by the Dept of Tourism booth in the center of the pavilion and pick up your 2010 Wisconsin Lodging Directory.
What did we miss? Click the comments link at the top of the post & tell us about your top 5!